March 14, 2012

Following are kind words from a few of our Doing Good in the Neighborhood donors, who reflect on why they give back. Many thanks to these and all of our donors!

Keith Feather, Patient Resource Manager, Patient Resource Management Organization

“As a Durham native who has been at Duke for the past 18 years, I’m grateful to have this very convenient and easy way to contribute and give something back to my community.  I know the money is well-spent, and that it makes a real difference in people’s lives.”

Sarah Marvin, Clinical Data Specialist, Duke Clinical Research Institute

“Opportunities for compassion are all around us. This one is special because it is also an opportunity to join with our co-workers in showing compassion.”

Eve Marion, Administrative & Graduate Coordinator, Nicholas School of the Environment

“I feel so strongly about supporting Doing Good in the Neighborhood. As a Duke employee and longtime resident of Durham, all of the initiatives resonate with me and my family. We’re proud to have the opportunity to help sustain such a wide variety of valuable programs. I know without a doubt, that my donation is making a positive impact on our community.”

Lila Edwards, Emergency Communications Officer, Duke University Police Department

“I donate because I appreciate the blessings I have in my own life. In these tough times of the economy you can still give and help make a difference. If I just give $8.50 a pay period, it actually comes to a little over $200 a year! When it is taken out a little at a time it is not painful but it sure can help make a difference for those who are not as fortunate. It is always good to try and be a blessing to others.”

Dana McDonald, Associate Director of Solutions Optimization Center, Duke Clinical Research Institute

“I would just like to thank all those involved with Doing Good in the Neighborhood for all of the great work that you do and for making it so easy for me, as a Duke employee, to give back to the Durham community.   As a Duke alum, Duke employee, and former Durham resident, I love that Doing Good in the Neighborhood allows me to support such a diverse and vibrant community in a way that promotes a strong alliance between the Durham community and Duke.”

Tamara Kissane, Learning Experiences and Constituency Development Coordinator, Duke Divinity School

“It makes me feel good to be supportive of our community. I live in Durham. I love Durham. This is one small way for me to show my connection to the community.”

Corinne Krupp, Associate Professor of the Practice, Sanford School of Public Policy

“I’m happy to be a regular donor to Doing Good in the Neighborhood, supporting Duke’s connections to the local Durham community.  My parents always stressed that “to whom much is given, much is expected in return,” and this is one way I can honor that.”

Previous Next All NEWS