Weekly prize drawings will be held during the 2017 campaign blitz, which is Oct. 1-31.
Who is eligible to participate? Duke employee donors who have made a contribution to Doing Good in the Neighborhood, from July 1, 2017 through the campaign blitz, are automatically entered in the prize drawings. Duke employees can also enter the prize drawings without making a campaign contribution by filling out this form once during the month of October.
Even though making a gift to Doing Good in the Neighborhood is not necessary to enter, please remember that gifts to Doing Good in the Neighborhood benefit local schools, nonprofits and neighborhoods.
When will winners be announced? Every Friday during the month of October.
The prize drawing schedule:
(The schedule will be updated each week with the winners’ names)
Sept. 29 @ Duke Farmers Market
Monuts gift certificate: Nancy Garrett-Mead, Duke Cancer Institute – Oncology Clinical Research Unit
$60 Washington Duke Inn Fairview Dining Room gift certificate: Pam Brown, Fuqua School of Business – Student Services
Four (4) Durham Bulls Terrace seats + four (4) Durham Bulls hats: Catherine Kastleman, Nicholas School of the Environment – Superfund Research Center
$25 gift certificate to Guglhupf Bakery, Cafe & Restaurant: Stephen Toback, Office of Information Technology
$25 gift card for Tyler’s Restaurant & Taproom: Barbara Hotelling, School of Nursing
$60 JB Duke Hotel food and beverage gift certificate: Amanda Gardner, North Carolina Orthopaedic
Four (4) tickets to The Nutcracker on Dec. 9 at the Durham Performing Arts Center: Alexis Steinhilber, Duke University Hospital
One (1) Nasher Museum of Art family membership + one (1) $50 gift certificate to the Nasher Cafe: Jane Pleasants, Procurement & Supply Chain Management
Two (2) Duke Athletics season passes (Men’s and Women’s Soccer, Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse, and Baseball home athletic events): Rachel Sanchez, Le@DD Initiative
$60 Washington Duke Inn Fairview Dining Room gift certificate:
$50 Runaway gift certificate:
Four (4) all-day general admission tickets to the Durham Museum of Life and Science:
Duke Lemur Center prize package of two (2) Lemurs Live! tour tickets plus an adopted lemur of the winner’s choice through the Adopt A Lemur program:
$60 JB Duke Hotel food and beverage gift certificate:
$50 21C Counting House gift certificate:
Two (2) Duke Men’s Basketball tickets to a regular season home game:
$50 gift certificate to Duke University Stores:
Additional rules for the 2017 prize drawings:
1. No gift or pledge is necessary to enter.
2. You must be at least 18 years old to enter.
3. You must be a current Duke employee to be eligible to win.
4. Duke Office of Durham & Regional Affairs staff are not eligible to win.
5. The prizes are not redeemable for cash.
6. The odds of winning depend on the number of employees who have made a contribution to Doing Good in the Neighborhood and the number of employees who have signed up to enter the prize drawings via the Qualtrics form.
7. The winner is solely responsible for any tax implications associated with winning the prize.
Doing Good in the Neighborhood receives generous support from these local organizations and Duke entities:
- Durham Performing Arts Center
- Tyler’s Restaurant & Taproom
- Saladelia Cafe
- Duke Lemur Center
- Parker and Otis
- Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University
- The Nasher Café
- Tobacco Road Sports Cafe
- Durham Bulls
- Ninth Street Flowers
- Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club
- Duke Athletics
- Duke University Stores
- Only Burger
- North Carolina Museum of Art
- Durham Museum of Life and Science
- JB Duke Hotel
- Guglhupf Bakery, Cafe & Restaurant
- Elmo’s Diner
- Counting House at 21c Museum Hotel
- Durham Co-op Market
- Bright Sunshine Cleaning
- Counter Culture Coffee
- Duke Performances