911 W. Cornwallis Rd. Durham, NC 27707
- Website: http://rogersherr.dpsnc.net/
- Categories: Schools
DGIN recently funded these projects:
- MobyMax License- MobyMax is an electronic intervention/enrichment software that has been proven to narrow learning gaps. ELA (English Language Arts), Math, Science and Social Studies teachers can use MobyMax to enhance overall student achievement in school. The software uses placement tests to identify missing skills and tailors a lesson plan for each student to address those gaps.
- Gentleman of Distinction, Boys Mentoring Program- This program is focused on objectives such as character building, setting and achieving goals, and establishing a brotherhood. Students attended several field trips to theaters, museums and colleges at no cost to the student. As a result of the program there have been a decrease in behavioral referrals and increased grades from program participants.
- Teacher Retention Efforts: Substitute Coverage for Professional Development Opportunities & Teacher Recognition- To support the professional development opportunities provided by the district, funds were used to cover the cost of substitutes. In addition, identified staff members received monthly teaching and excellence awards based on instructional practices correlated with teaching standards.
- NCMLE NC Middle School’s Conference- In order to promote teacher leadership, build capacity and strengthen instructional practices, teachers submit conference proposals to the NS Middle School Conference each year. Funds supported conference registration and travel of the selected five presenters.